Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dantor
Dantor
resident

[OPEN LOW] Hardcoded text Empty [OPEN LOW] Hardcoded text

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:04 am
[OPEN LOW] Hardcoded text Hardco10

I think I found two places with hardcoded text: both "level" and "age" I can't find in the xml files and therefore I can't translate them either.
I would also like to point out the problem with the text windows (as already done on Steam), namely that they are too small. Even so small that the surname of poor Mrs. Schneider does not fit completely into one line.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN LOW] Hardcoded text Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] Hardcoded text

Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:08 am
Hi, thanks for spotting and reporting these! We'll check the text size of the names as well.
Dantor
Dantor
resident

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:40 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, thanks for spotting and reporting these! We'll check the text size of the names as well.

I hope you will check the text windows in the whole game because here is another example:

[OPEN LOW] Hardcoded text Textfe10

As you can see, the word "Betäubungssalbe" fits into one text window, but does not fit into another. For the words framed in green, I used hyphens to make them fit. But I don't want to use a hyphen for the word"Betäubungssalbe", because it fits into the text window of the medical record.
Since you can scroll according to the number of choices, it might be a good idea to place these choices one below the other in a scrollable list rather than next to each other. So there would also be more space for the individual words. One could then perhaps let the players choose in the options which form of representation they prefer.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum