Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cr0ssley
medic

[OPEN] FPS drops/stuttering Empty [OPEN] FPS drops/stuttering

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:16 pm
As the title implies, the game stutters or lag spikes occur.

This appears to happen on any map, on any visual settings I try, I don't have this problem with other games, so I'm not sure if it's my own system or the game,
It was at first only occurring when in building and management modes, or in 3x speed, but it's now occurring at any speed. It doesn't occur when I'm in a menu.

https://youtu.be/U62RXcInu9k
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN] FPS drops/stuttering Empty Re: [OPEN] FPS drops/stuttering

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:39 pm
Hi, thanks for the report! The game really shouldn't stutter like this during normal play - what is your hardware configuration?
One possible explanation would be not enough free RAM (probably only possible on systems with 4 GB), so closing other programs could help if that's your case.
Cr0ssley
medic

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:03 pm
It could very well be RAM, I have 8GB shared across two 4GB cards, I'll try closing the major users of RAM and give it a go.

EDIT: I've tried it, but it still stutters. I'll keep monitoring it to see if I can find a fix myself as well, Im not sure if its possible but is there a way to move some of the processing power onto GPU? because I have alot of that.
Lognoreng
intern

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:17 pm
SLI/Crossfire?, I think he meant system RAM. And if its SLI cards, the memory is mirrored, so you're still having just 4gb.
Should not matter for this game tho, its not really GPU intensive..

Im 100% this is related to your system/hardware tho.

Try disabling antivirus. <- always a hot tip

I does remind me of the nasty unity garbage collector lagspikes. I had tons of issues with that in Kerbal space program, running Unity aswell.
The end fix for me as a nvidia user, was to remove some nvidia bloatware. (Geforce experience and those dodgy nvidia sound drivers).
While also forcing PhysX to GPU instead of auto.

The games only have the engine in common tho, and KSP is a whole other beast with heavy physics calculations. But hopefully this might be helpful somehow in finding the cause.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum