Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingdark
medic

[QUESTION] The price of your bundle is incorrect. Empty [QUESTION] The price of your bundle is incorrect.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:48 pm
I've also posted this on the steam discussion, but since there hasn't been a response in several days, I thought I should post it here too. I've adjusted it a little, but it's identical enough not to matter.

I've double checked this several times, but your project hospital collection's prices are not right. The bundle with the base game and the three dlc is 25.05€ total. I have the base game, so that price should be deducted. The base game is 12.49 which means I should pay 12.56€. I don't. I pay the full package.

Then I added the prices of the individual DLC (6.39 for hospital services and 4.79 for the other two) which comes to 15.97.

I already checked and added it to my cart to double check and the base game is not automatically deducted from the main price. It's asking me to pay 25.05€ even though I already have the base game.

Buying the dlc separately would ONLY be more expensive if the bundle deducts the base game. As it is, I'm wondering if this is just an honest human error or if it is something else...
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] The price of your bundle is incorrect. Empty Re: [QUESTION] The price of your bundle is incorrect.

Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:21 am
Hi, thanks for your message! There are two types of bundles on Steam, "Complete the set" and "Must purchase together" and the Project Hospital Collection is an example of the latter one, which is basically meant for new customers and/or gifting the game. We originally chose it according to the information provided by Steam when setting the bundle up as this is the recommended option for bundles of a base game plus DLC, like "Special Editions", or "Game + Soundtrack" bundles.

We've learned in the meantime that there are games that have their bundles with DLCs set up as the "Complete the set" type, but it doesn't seem to be something that can be changed once the bundle is live.
Kingdark
medic

[QUESTION] The price of your bundle is incorrect. Empty Re: [QUESTION] The price of your bundle is incorrect.

Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:53 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, thanks for your message! There are two types of bundles on Steam, "Complete the set" and "Must purchase together" and the Project Hospital Collection is an example of the latter one, which is basically meant for new customers and/or gifting the game. We originally chose it according to the information provided by Steam when setting the bundle up as this is the recommended option for bundles of a base game plus DLC, like "Special Editions", or "Game + Soundtrack" bundles.

We've learned in the meantime that there are games that have their bundles with DLCs set up as the "Complete the set" type, but it doesn't seem to be something that can be changed once the bundle is live.

Do I really have to point out the obvious? You can't change the bundle once it is live... Okay, then the obvious solution is to take downj the bundle temporarily, making sure that the other type (complete your bundle) is readily available to replace the first version.

Alternatively, just make another bundle. I mean, really, isn't that painfully obvious? And is there a reason why it took you so fricking long to respond? I mean, I didn't expect an answer within the day, or even within the next two but your answer was after the sale was over with.

If you want to give an excuse, at least think of something better than... This!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum