Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MsGanzeboom
intern

[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Unnecessary examination (cardiology) Empty [RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Unnecessary examination (cardiology)

Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:53 pm
Hello developpers,

I have noticed something that happens with fully diagnosed patiënts atmitted into the cardiology department.

Little insight on how I play. I like to take control of all patiënts on all departments except emergency (I do take control of all patiënts arrived by ambulance however). This means I run all the tests and treatments myself and I continue to do so untill I found all symptoms and provided all the treatments. Only then I release the patiënt from my control so I don't need to discharge the patiënt.

What I noticed is that with the cardiology department my staff was fully occupied doing tests and transporting patiënts around. This is weird because I already found and treated all symptoms any patiënt could have. When I checked on my patiënts I saw that for alot of patiënts an "ECG" and "Blood pressure measurement" was ordered. This wasn't necessary since the patiënt does not have any undiscovered symtoms.

Since this only seem to happen at cardiology can you maybe check it out? I don't know if this is intended or this is indeed an bug.

Kind regards,
Menno Ganzeboom
Attachments
[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Unnecessary examination (cardiology) Attachment
Exm not needed.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(156 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Exm not needed.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3.9 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(282 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Unnecessary examination (cardiology) Empty Re: [RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Unnecessary examination (cardiology)

Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:12 pm
Hi, looking at the save where it's still morning, this will be most likely the doctors doing their rounds, where they visit patients and do a set of examinations related to the specific department. Please note that the AI doctors have no notion of 'hidden symptoms', so they keep routinely checking their hospitalized patients every morning.

At cardiology, the examinations involved should be indeed interview, blood pressure measurement and ECG.

Btw, if you look at the daily schedule on the left side of the screen, doctors round should show between 9 - 11 am.
MsGanzeboom
intern

[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Unnecessary examination (cardiology) Empty Re: [RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Unnecessary examination (cardiology)

Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:11 pm
Hello Jan,

Thanks for the reply! I did not know that and this explains alot! Since my cardiology and the required rooms is far from optimal at this point this would explain why everything gets backed up. Is there a way to turn this off, or exclude certain tests from performing by tweaking something in the game files or is this hard coded in? I'm aware that this at my own risk Smile

Kind regards,
Menno Ganzeboom
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:21 pm
Hi, well, this wasn't designed to be turned off, but it you don't mind going into the game data, you can try to comment out the list of doctors rounds examinations.

The file is under the install under the Steam library (look for "browse local files" under the Manage submenu after right clicking the game in your library on Steam to get there directly), go to ProjectHospital_Data/StreamingAssets/Database/Departments.xml

Then, probably around line 1071, there's this block:
Code:

<PatientRounds>
    <ExaminationRef>EXM_INTERVIEW</ExaminationRef>
    <ExaminationRef>EXM_BLOOD_PRESSURE_AND_PULSE_MEASUREMENT</ExaminationRef>
    <ExaminationRef>EXM_ECG</ExaminationRef>
 </PatientRounds>

And changing it to the following should disable the doctors/patient rounds.
Code:

<PatientRounds>
    <!--ExaminationRef>EXM_INTERVIEW</ExaminationRef>
    <ExaminationRef>EXM_BLOOD_PRESSURE_AND_PULSE_MEASUREMENT</ExaminationRef>
    <ExaminationRef>EXM_ECG</ExaminationRef-->
</PatientRounds>

Feel free to let me know if it worked! Smile
MsGanzeboom
intern

Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:11 pm
Hello Jan,

Thank you for getting back to me. The solution you suggested worked! I only removed the "ECG" from the rounds and this worked.

Thank you for your support!

Kind regards,
Menno Ganzeboom

jan.oxymoron likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum