Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mcalbuquerque
medic

[NEED MORE INFO] Can't save games with a different name Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Can't save games with a different name

Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 am
I have purchased this wonderful game on January 13th and have played many hours since then with no issues at all. However, the last few times I've played it I have been unable to save the game with a custom name. I try to type a name for the save file but it doesn't work, every key I press on my keyboard makes a biping sound, as an error sound. The game doesn't accept any input. The only thing available for me, now, are the autosave files. This is annoying as I was playing more than one map at a time and saving the games with the names of each map was useful for me. Also, this problem makes the autosave files delete the previous ones, thus making me lose all the progress on the map I was playing at before.

I don't have a screenshot of the problem as I think it wouldn't be useful at all. Also, I don't remember exactly when this problem started, but it may have been after I started using mods ("Objects: signs", "Big Hospital, no staff", "Big Hospital, optimized"). I have attached the log file and the last autosave file. Hope these help. Thank you.
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO] Can't save games with a different name Attachment
Player.log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(166 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
[NEED MORE INFO] Can't save games with a different name Attachment
autosave_H24.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Can't save games with a different name Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Can't save games with a different name

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:41 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, thanks for letting us know about the issue - I see from the log you're on a Mac, but everything looks pretty normal (and we haven't seen anything like this on any platform). Has an OSX update happened recently by any chance?

Do you think you could uninstall and reinstall the game to make sure there are no corrupted files? Also please check that the game shows version "Project Hospital (hotfix) 1.2.22045" in the main menu, there have been some issues with the latest patch release, although these should be unrelated.
The mods you mentioned should be also safe to use as far as I can tell.

I can think of some potential workarounds like copying the autosaves and renaming them to give you a few 'save slots', but hopefully it won't be necessary.

Let us know if you have any news!

mcalbuquerque likes this post

mcalbuquerque
medic

[NEED MORE INFO] Can't save games with a different name Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Can't save games with a different name

Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:02 am
Hi, thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I'm using a Mac but no, no recent system updates.

The game is indeed showing the version "Project Hospital (hotfix) 1.2.22045", but this problem started before this patch release. I also uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. No luck. Same thing happening.

So what I did, as per your workaround suggestion, is: I deleted all the unwanted autosave files, leaving only the most recent, and then copied and renamed it. Only then I was able to play the game with the new renamed save file. I still can't type anything on the save window, but at least now I can choose this renamed file from the save files list when trying to save a map. And then I can do the same thing with all the maps I want to play. It's a workaround, not the ideal solution, but it worked. Wink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum