Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG] Mission: DLC Retirement - Issue with Radiology & Collapses/Exams Empty [RESOLVED NOT A BUG] Mission: DLC Retirement - Issue with Radiology & Collapses/Exams

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:40 am
REPORT: SLC01
Reported On: 21 NOV 2020
Originally Reported By: Zool (Steam Discussions)
Reported By: Sleepy068

Description:
Community Bug Report:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/868360/discussions/1/2965019884812579079/
Please check this for screenshots of the issue on a critical patient.

When a patient is moved to radiology for an exam, scheduling another exam (CBC Sampling was tested) or if the patient collapses, the doctor assigned to the patient will wait in the ward until the patient is eventually transported back to the ward for sampling or treatment.
The issue causes the doctor to lock up until the patient is back and causes the patient to not receive treatment until they are back.

Factors that influence the bug:
1. Mission (Not Sandbox Game): This bug was reported playing the Trauma DLC ‘Retirement’ Mission. I am not sure if this issue occurs in a sandbox game.
2. Emergency Department: I suspect this issue may not occur in the non unique 'hospital' departments like general surgery, etc. Mainly because they have a diagnostics room, something emergency doesn't have which might be confusing the game when the patient collapses or you schedule an exam while in radiography. Effectively, the game is just reversing the doctor to do the exam or treat the patient, the problem is the long commute back to the ward wastes a lot of time and could cause the patient to die if it takes too long.

Advice given to reporter:
1. Explained the issue to them in detail.
2. Not enough nurses: I explained more nurses may help resolve the problem a little quicker as their hospital was lacking sufficient nurse support.
3. No nurses on 'Transport Only': I explained setting a few nurses to only patient transport) will help ensure they always have a free nurse to transport patients around that won't get busy with other tasks.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Rename provided save ‘Doctor 2 (Mods Removed)’ to ‘Doctor 2’ (It won’t load if you don’t)
2. Load save
3. Skip time to day
4. Observe the Radiography department
5. As soon as a patient arrives in that department for an x-ray, schedule a CBC Sampling Exam
6. Note that the patient sitting there will have the status ‘Transported to Examination Room’
7. Check the patient’s assigned doctor and note that they will be waiting in the ward until the patient is returned.

Expected Results:
Collapse: Immediate invention to save the patient.
Exams: Wait until the patient has returned from the radio exam to perform the next exam.

Actual Results:
Patient does not receive help until they are returned to the ward and any scheduled exams are attempted immediately instead of waiting until the patient has been returned.

Attachments (Save/Log/Screenshot)
Saves/Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BlXiJEZNoSxwwom_kV5FbKgLqDBN7MbQ/view?usp=sharing
Screenshots: (The screenshots show mods in use but the issue did occur when I removed them, I was originally trying to find if it was a mod issue)
Spoiler:

Environment Info:
Screen Size: 1920x1080
Mods Active:  None (Mods were removed from the original save)
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG] Mission: DLC Retirement - Issue with Radiology & Collapses/Exams Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG] Mission: DLC Retirement - Issue with Radiology & Collapses/Exams

Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:26 am
sleepy068 wrote:REPORT: SLC01
Reported On: 21 NOV 2020
Originally Reported By: Zool (Steam Discussions)
Reported By: Sleepy068

Description:
Community Bug Report:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/868360/discussions/1/2965019884812579079/
Please check this for screenshots of the issue on a critical patient.

When a patient is moved to radiology for an exam, scheduling another exam (CBC Sampling was tested) or if the patient collapses, the doctor assigned to the patient will wait in the ward until the patient is eventually transported back to the ward for sampling or treatment.
The issue causes the doctor to lock up until the patient is back and causes the patient to not receive treatment until they are back.

Factors that influence the bug:
1. Mission (Not Sandbox Game): This bug was reported playing the Trauma DLC ‘Retirement’ Mission. I am not sure if this issue occurs in a sandbox game.
2. Emergency Department: I suspect this issue may not occur in the non unique 'hospital' departments like general surgery, etc. Mainly because they have a diagnostics room, something emergency doesn't have which might be confusing the game when the patient collapses or you schedule an exam while in radiography. Effectively, the game is just reversing the doctor to do the exam or treat the patient, the problem is the long commute back to the ward wastes a lot of time and could cause the patient to die if it takes too long.

Advice given to reporter:
1. Explained the issue to them in detail.
2. Not enough nurses: I explained more nurses may help resolve the problem a little quicker as their hospital was lacking sufficient nurse support.
3. No nurses on 'Transport Only': I explained setting a few nurses to only patient transport) will help ensure they always have a free nurse to transport patients around that won't get busy with other tasks.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Rename provided save ‘Doctor 2 (Mods Removed)’ to ‘Doctor 2’ (It won’t load if you don’t)
2. Load save
3. Skip time to day
4. Observe the Radiography department
5. As soon as a patient arrives in that department for an x-ray, schedule a CBC Sampling Exam
6. Note that the patient sitting there will have the status ‘Transported to Examination Room’
7. Check the patient’s assigned doctor and note that they will be waiting in the ward until the patient is returned.

Expected Results:
Collapse: Immediate invention to save the patient.
Exams: Wait until the patient has returned from the radio exam to perform the next exam.

Actual Results:
Patient does not receive help until they are returned to the ward and any scheduled exams are attempted immediately instead of waiting until the patient has been returned.

Attachments (Save/Log/Screenshot)
Saves/Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BlXiJEZNoSxwwom_kV5FbKgLqDBN7MbQ/view?usp=sharing
Screenshots: (The screenshots show mods in use but the issue did occur when I removed them, I was originally trying to find if it was a mod issue)
Spoiler:

Environment Info:
Screen Size: 1920x1080
Mods Active:  None (Mods were removed from the original save)

Hi and thank you for the report. But this is actually not a bug. When the examination starts, doctor will go to the patients room immediately and wait for the patient if the doctor will arrive before the patient. This is to prevent patient waiting for doctors, because in some cases, it depends on hospital layout, the patient can arrive sooner.
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG] Mission: DLC Retirement - Issue with Radiology & Collapses/Exams Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG] Mission: DLC Retirement - Issue with Radiology & Collapses/Exams

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:10 am
Hi @Ondrej, thanks very much for the feedback, I think the original reporter was more confused that the patient was been stablised in the trauma room but hadn't actually been transported back from radiology yet. This must have been reserving a nurse and a doctor as well as another nurse to try and transport them. The player only had two nurses so I can see that the problem must of dragged on long enough for them to think something was broken. I'll relay this information back to them. Thank you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum