Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Employee Filters Empty Employee Filters

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:45 am
Apologies if anyone has already done this, I searched for it but can't find a topic on it.

Level and gender filters on the employee hiring screen. (Traits would be great as well but less practical).

I run a hospital where I only hire interns, not the way everyone wants to play the game but it's how I prefer to play it. Currently I have two options

1) Spend far more money than I have to keep changing the selection of employees at $2,500 a time, plus finding out their traits at $1,000 a time. Hiring 1 person at intern level without the Alcoholic trait could cost as little as $0 if there is an intern with no hidden traits on the screen when I open up, $1,000 if there is an intern on the screen when I open it but can't see their traits, $2,500 if I only have to change candidates once, $3,500 if I have to change once and reveal traits or a hell of a lot more if I'm unlucky on the draw every time.

2) Hire every single person and then individually fire them until I get a group of candidates that I'm looking for and spend the $1,000 to see their hidden traits. It's a lot cheaper (I can guarantee that I will only spend $1,000 when I have a complete set of four candidates that meet my initial criteria. The down side to this is that it takes a LONG time to get four candidates that are all interns, even longer if I'm looking for a specific trait or gender. I can end up doing this for 40 minutes at a time and over run with 200+ employees who then all leave at the same time, significantly impacting game processing speed with a marked drop in FPS until they all leave and I'm left with my original 32 employees plus the 1 I just hired.

Adding in just the two filters could significantly impact and improve the game for many people like myself.

If anyone reading does know of a way of only getting interns on the hiring screen, please share. If not, its over to the devs.
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Employee Filters Empty Re: Employee Filters

Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 pm
As an example, today I went to hire a female, technologist, intern. I had to hire/fire 57 candidates before I was faced with 4 female, technologist, interns. 1 of which I wouldn't hire as they are an alcoholic. 2 are only maybe as they have long commutes.

So there you have it, the reason gender and level should be filterable. 57 hires and fires before I got 3 semi-suitable candidates.

My plan is start uploading my games / hospitals but I'm going to have to do major cutting to episodes or time-lapse half an hour of hiring and firing.
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 pm
And so today I went hunting for a Female Doctor intern.

Employees at start 171
Employees when I had ONE female intern hirable 230
Employees when I had FOUR female interns to chose from 256

So it took 59 hires and fires to get ONE female intern and a further 26 before I had FOUR (Maximizing what I get for my $1,000 spend revealing hidden traits)

So that's 85 in total. (For those keeping count this would have cost me $37,500 just to reach the first intern had I have used the candidate change button)

85 hires and fires that wouldn't be necessary if we could filter by gender and level.

Even just by level would be a huge improvement.

PS - I then had to go through 40 for a male intern Doctor
PPS - I've just had to go through 71 for a male intern Doctor
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum