Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
robsassy
resident

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]5 different bugs, plus a question about a lab test Empty [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]5 different bugs, plus a question about a lab test

Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:20 pm
Hi, I'm really enjoying playing Project Hospital and have come across five things which I think are minor bugs, plus one question about a test. Not sure whether I'm doing anything wrong or not in my gameplay, but I've attached my save file and log here from six different points in one morning: 6.59am; 7.59am; 9.01am; 9.02am; 10.06am; and 10.15am. Where I'm focusing on a particular patient/doctor in a save file, the game should load with that player/doctor in or near the centre of the screen.

For information, I'm playing with Doctor Mode (not activated) and Hospital Services DLCs only, and don't use any mods. My gameplay style is that I like to control the patients in every department myself, and I tend to use the observation ward as an overflow for patients in department wards who have already received their treatment, rather than for observation of patients who have not yet been treated.

Bug 1/5: At the start of their shift, a decent proportion of my janitors don't seem to arrive themselves; sometimes they can spend the whole day "at home" even if they're supposed to be working. In order to get them to arrive, I need to reallocate each janitor to their space, at which point they appear on the corner of the map immediately. The second game file here at 7.59am should hopefully show the lack of janitors an hour into the shift. "At home" per department in this save game are: Trauma 1/4; Radiology 1/1; Labs 1/1; Orthopaedic 7/7; Cardio 1/2; Administrative 1/1. The fifth game file, at 10.06am, shows that I'm still missing my Labs cleaner as well as 3 of my Orthopaedic cleaners, three hours into the shift.

Bug 2/5: Patients who are released from hospitalisation in the Internal Medicine department sometimes seem to go to a bench in their own department's waiting room, then just go home without going to the Pharmacy. I ran the 7.59am save game attached through to about 8.30 and followed a couple of Internal Medicine patients who did indeed go to the Pharmacy, so I can't seem to replicate this problem at the moment - though I do recall I have had this problem on other save games. I do get a notification when the Pharmacy is full and in order to avoid that happening at 8am when lots of patients get released, I tend to only release the patients in departments at 8am, and then stagger my Observation patients through until about 11am - so I don't think this is happening because the Pharmacy is full.

Bug 3/5: Sometimes when trying to transfer lots of patients from department wards into the observation unit, they get stuck in "waiting for transportation" for several hours, while there are trauma nurses sitting "idle" at their desks. These nurses have "patient transfer" enabled, and there are both spare beds in the observation unit, as well as spare stretchers in the department. The only way I have been able to resolve this is to transfer the patient back to their home department, at which point one of the nurses from their department moves them from one bed in their ward to another, and try again. I haven't tried to replicate this one, I am afraid.

Bug 4/5: If a patient is about to collapse (status is "not feeling too good") but hasn't yet done so, sending them to another department seems to put off the collapse. I have done this with a patient whose info box suggested they were about to collapse and would need defibrillation, so I sent them to the trauma centre and when they got on to the bed, the defibrillation took about a second, had none of the usual graphics associated with defibrillation (staff member running over to nearest defibrillator, the shocks, the sounds etc) and seemed to be complete straight away. I have replicated this with the patient Robert Rodriguez (centred on the screen in a black suit), who came in with Botulism and so I diverted him to Trauma. Just after he sat down outside a GP office I noticed his status changed, so I have three save games here for you - one from 9.01am which was when I noticed he wasn't feeling too good and was about to collapse, one from 9.02am when - before he had actually collapsed - I had sent him to the neuro department and he now stopped collapsing, and one from 10.06am when he's just about to get into his neuro HDU bed and be successfully treated for both his collapse symptoms and the Botulism itself, without ever having collapsed (which you can see in the 10.15 save that I focused on a different issue). My suggestion here is that the game has a rule that patients who are being transported, stabilised or are collapsing aren't able to switch departments - could this rule be expanded to include patients that the game has indicated are about to collapse, but haven't actually collapsed yet?

Bug 5/5: Sometimes when doing a physical examination in a ward, the doctor will stand in a random part of the room and start the examination, before then walking over to the patient to complete the examination. My final game save, at 10.15am, shows the HDU ward in Orthopaedics where patient James Lewis (bottom left of the room, only patient in HDU) is being physically examined by Jordan Walker (top right of the room, in the opposite corner nowhere near the patient)

Question about a lab test: Should CSF sampling be available in the ICU? It's currently available only in Neuro, but if I have to send a patient to the ICU then I can't use this test until a day or so later when they're released back to Neuro. Most other tests and treatments which are available in only one department are also available in ICU (Spirometry, Echo, PS blood control and EMG also seem to be department-specific but unavailable in ICU, but I'm less fussed about those 4), even if it means transferring the patient to a diagnostic unit which is only in a department.

Please do let me know if you need any further info from me - thanks!
roman.oxymoron
roman.oxymoron
developer
http://oxymoron.games/projecthospital/

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]5 different bugs, plus a question about a lab test Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]5 different bugs, plus a question about a lab test

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:01 pm
Hi, thanks for the feedback, but I'm afraid, that those are not bugs, but just a game features works this way.

1) Janitors won't come, if they have no tile dirty enough to clean it ... they have no other job to do, so when a janitor's department is completely clean, he goes home and return only at the beginning of the next shift.
2) This issue is caused because you're sending treated patients to observation ward ... when patient is diagnosed, he's immediately released from observation and sent to the GP office.
3) Are you sure you have enough stretchers at this department? Also patient can be already switched to other dep. so he would wait for the nurse from there.
4) I don't understand why you thing it's a bug ... patient got worse and you save him before he collapsed. Honestly it's a purpose to give player a chance save patient before he ends up on the floor Wink
5) This one is a feature too ... I agree that sometimes it might look weird, but it just doc AI needs to wait somewhere around the ward, before patient is back in his bed, so he chooses some place to wait he thinks it's ok.

About your question, ICU has only examinations and treatments needed to save patients life, it's not about diagnosing (trauma center is for that) and it's not about treating all the conditions the patient have ... it's just about to save life, stabilize him and send to proper department to finish all the treatments.
robsassy
resident

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]5 different bugs, plus a question about a lab test Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]5 different bugs, plus a question about a lab test

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:16 pm
Hi Roman, thanks for getting back to me.

1) Fair enough! It sounds like I probably have too many janitors, which isn't a bad thing I guess.
2) I was referring to patients who have been treated in Internal Medicine and remained there overnight, rather than people I've moved around the hospital. The patients who are diagnosed and treated in their departments, and I then send to observation, usually spend the night there and get released at 8am the next morning, although sometimes they can be released the same day too. I do occasionally send patients to observation straight from a GP office, usually if they need something like IV antibiotics, and they tend to be treated and released pretty quickly
3) I have more stretchers than nurses in trauma (15 stretchers, 9 nurses), and in any case on occasions where I've needed more stretchers in a department than I have, I get a notification telling me I need more stretchers, so it's not that. My trauma nurses, who are the nurses that would move a patient from a department into observation, sit as "idle" while patients are "awaiting transportation".
4) I think it's a bug because without my intervention the patient was a minute or two away from collapsing, and by sending him on a one hour walk around the hospital to a different department they have magically gotten better without having ever collapsed!
5) The patient is already in his bed when the doctor starts the examination - if I had set the examination while the patient was walking around, using the toilet etc, it wouldn't have prompted the doctor to start the examination in the first place

And the ICU info makes sense, I guess - but I can't do a CSF in Trauma either...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum