Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
thyrotoxic
intern

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]No surgery treatment available for any patients Empty [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]No surgery treatment available for any patients

Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:39 pm
Hello

Bit of a weird one.

I've had multiple patients with illnesses that require surgery, except there is no treatment option for the surgery in question. When the illness is diagnoses there's no ability to select any treatment, and the tooltip for the patient's traits also do not appear.

I have been using mods, Bedside Examinations and Realistic Collapse being the only two that should have any interaction. Also more levels, alphabet, more levels and more occupations (can't imagine they'd have much impact).

The attached save was started as a modded version, the mods have been removed (save still works fine).

Any ideas on this one? Not sure if it's a bug with the base game, or with a mod.

Thanks!

Edit: Should probably mention I used cheat engine to add more cash, not had a problem using that in previous versions though.

Forgot to add my log. Something is definitely going wrong somewhere! This is from literally 5s of play time!
Attachments
[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]No surgery treatment available for any patients Attachment
PHbug.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(2.4 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
bugmaybe.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.7 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
output_log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(20 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
thyrotoxic
intern

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]No surgery treatment available for any patients Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]No surgery treatment available for any patients

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:13 pm
I'm an idiot....

After about three hours of reading the logs and working out what was happening, I forgot I hadn't reinstalled the game.

I'd created a file I'd clearly been buggering around with last I played in 2019, I'd called "Surgery_Backup.xml" in the procedures folder. The game was loading this. Which would've been fine except it looks like you've changed the way operating rooms are referenced!

<RequiredRoomTypeList>
<RequiredRoomTypeRef>ROOM_TYPE_OPERATING_ROOM</RequiredRoomTypeRef>
</RequiredRoomTypeList>

being the old one.

And

<RequiredRoomTags>
<Tag>operating_room</Tag>
</RequiredRoomTags>

So the game was overwriting surgery.xml with surgery_backup.xml, and then looping in failure!

This isn't a bug. It's my user error haha!
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]No surgery treatment available for any patients Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]No surgery treatment available for any patients

Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:38 am
thyrotoxic wrote:I'm an idiot....

After about three hours of reading the logs and working out what was happening, I forgot I hadn't reinstalled the game.

I'd created a file I'd clearly been buggering around with last I played in 2019, I'd called "Surgery_Backup.xml" in the procedures folder. The game was loading this. Which would've been fine except it looks like you've changed the way operating rooms are referenced!

<RequiredRoomTypeList>
               <RequiredRoomTypeRef>ROOM_TYPE_OPERATING_ROOM</RequiredRoomTypeRef>
           </RequiredRoomTypeList>

being the old one.

And

<RequiredRoomTags>
               <Tag>operating_room</Tag>
           </RequiredRoomTags>

So the game was overwriting surgery.xml with surgery_backup.xml, and then looping in failure!

This isn't a bug. It's my user error haha!

Hi and thank you for letting us know. We are glad that everything is working now:) Enjoy the game and have a great day:)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum