Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tenpastnein
resident

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Mirrored objects/doors Empty [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Mirrored objects/doors

Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:40 pm
This is a bug that's been present since the start of the game, and frankly it's really irritating. I'm sure you all know what it is!

This is from the most recent post on the Project Hospital Facebook and perfectly shows the issue:
[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Mirrored objects/doors 101223030_537736916894213_1281529369663111168_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQmvCG24gtJzOs3D50zhMZghuBgTF4UBgJnzBTvsCjMwlWqmJunwqJiH_1RD_63UfDs&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1
Here's a shot I just took in game with no mods installed:
[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Mirrored objects/doors Screen10

It is a minor issue but it's one that has been persistent since launch and really deserves to be fixed, as it is very immersion-breaking.
roman.oxymoron
roman.oxymoron
developer
http://oxymoron.games/projecthospital/

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Mirrored objects/doors Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Mirrored objects/doors

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:26 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, it's not a bug, it's like that on a purpose ... we're mirroring graphic assets to save space in textures and keep hardware requirements low. So it won't be "fixed" sorry.
tenpastnein
resident

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Mirrored objects/doors Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Mirrored objects/doors

Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:11 pm
Thank you for responding so quickly Roman, I appreciate it. As someone with no game-making experience it does seem like a door texture wouldn't affect much in terms of performance but you guys obviously have the knowledge and the experience and I respect that. Is this something that a modder could sort out or is it hard coded into the game?
roman.oxymoron
roman.oxymoron
developer

Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:42 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, sorry my answer was not correct, it has nothing to do with size of texture, it was just a way for our artist to save some time and create more assets ... since we're quite small team Wink
And it can be easily modded, you just need to replace the mirrored models by the proper ones in the texture.
tenpastnein
resident

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:04 pm
Ah, that's completely understandable - a small but talented team, having managed to make one of my favourite games of all time Very Happy thank you very much!
roman.oxymoron
roman.oxymoron
developer

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:09 pm
Thanks for support ... and sorry for misleading info previously Wink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum