Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
markonovic
intern

[RESOLVED] Patient walk through fences Empty [RESOLVED] Patient walk through fences

Tue May 05, 2020 6:51 pm
I've just started a new sandbox  hospital.

I wanted to limit the ways the patients could go so I put iron fences along paths but they walk throught them, just like if there was nothing.

I've attached my game so that you can see it just after the loading since a patient is just giong to pass throught the fence.

Thanks for looking for that because I'll have to do something different if the bug remains.

Good job guys
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Patient walk through fences Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Patient walk through fences

Thu May 07, 2020 10:36 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, thanks for joining us at the forums and for the bug report!

Good news, we should have a fix for the next patch - while the fences are 'non-blocking', there was an underlying issue about characters way too happy to walk on grass. Smile

As a workaround for now you can for example mark the one line of grass tiles next to the road as 'staff only' with the red hand button in management mode.
markonovic
intern

[RESOLVED] Patient walk through fences Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Patient walk through fences

Thu May 07, 2020 10:04 pm
Hello Jan

Thanks for answering my question.

I tried to do what you told me but it 's impossible since the grass is outside so I can't use the management mode. I'll make "quick and dirty" till the next patch.

I've just also found something else about pathfinding. The patients are looking for the shortest way to go to one point to an other but there 's a higher priority which is to be inside a building than outside. In my saved attached game, you see the patient going to the pharmacy but instead of going straight on the path to the pharmacy, he will enter into the entry, then the shop and finally the pharmacy. It's linked to the first problem

Just one more thing : to be more realistic, could you develop a "high iron fence with base" just like the attached picture ? It would be beautiful and efficent to lock an area from outside and not with a building.

[RESOLVED] Patient walk through fences Barrie10
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum