Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fhevia
intern

[OPEN LOW]Pharmacy functional when counters are leading outside/Patients don't visit pharmacy after getting "Pharmacy too small" message.(resolved) Empty [OPEN LOW]Pharmacy functional when counters are leading outside/Patients don't visit pharmacy after getting "Pharmacy too small" message.(resolved)

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:53 am
Hello. I am running a small clinic with only Emergency, Internal depts and a couple labs + radiology. In all, about 30 patients per day. Have had the pharmacy since day 1 and making good daily profit. Suddenly I start getting the pharmacy too small message early in the morning and then NOBODY goes to the pharmacy. Pharmacy sales are nil for the whole day. The pharmacy is the 8x6 built in template. Added a 2nd pharmacist and I still get the message and still sales are nil.
Seems like the game somehow determines if the pharmacy is worthy and if not it will instruct all patiens to avoid it.

Since there is no free space for uploading the save file (1.2 Mb) you can download it from here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbpTNnhVhuIRN8sjwTTrUYblaWkJgw7p/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your support.
fhevia
intern

[OPEN LOW]Pharmacy functional when counters are leading outside/Patients don't visit pharmacy after getting "Pharmacy too small" message.(resolved) Empty Re: [OPEN LOW]Pharmacy functional when counters are leading outside/Patients don't visit pharmacy after getting "Pharmacy too small" message.(resolved)

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:03 am
FYI. After saving and reloading the game the issue went away and patients are visiting the pharmacy again. So probably the save file provided won't be of much use.
Will keep playing to see if the issue repeats itself.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN LOW]Pharmacy functional when counters are leading outside/Patients don't visit pharmacy after getting "Pharmacy too small" message.(resolved) Empty Re: [OPEN LOW]Pharmacy functional when counters are leading outside/Patients don't visit pharmacy after getting "Pharmacy too small" message.(resolved)

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:47 am
fhevia wrote:Hello. I am running a small clinic with only Emergency, Internal depts and a couple labs + radiology. In all, about 30 patients per day. Have had the pharmacy since day 1 and making good daily profit. Suddenly I start getting the pharmacy too small message early in the morning and then NOBODY goes to the pharmacy. Pharmacy sales are nil for the whole day. The pharmacy is the 8x6 built in template. Added a 2nd pharmacist and I still get the message and still sales are nil.
Seems like the game somehow determines if the pharmacy is worthy and if not it will instruct all patiens to avoid it.

Since there is no free space for uploading the save file (1.2 Mb) you can download it from here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbpTNnhVhuIRN8sjwTTrUYblaWkJgw7p/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your support.

Hi and thank you for your report. I could not download the save, because I don't have permission. But if load will fix it, you are right that it might not help anyway. And I have been trying to reproduce this , but so far without luck. I have added couple more checks and cleanups to the code to see if that might help. It will be in the next patch.
In the meantime, let me ask. You are saying that you keep getting the message that pharmacy is too small. Do you get more then one per day? If so there might be different problem, because you are suppose to get only one per day. Thank you for any additional information
fhevia
intern

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:14 pm
Hi. I have granted now download permission to the save file link. Sorry for that.

To clarify, the "pharmacy too small" message appears only once per day, around 8 am. When I setup the pharmacy I assigned a single pharmacist to it and it worked well for several days. Afterwards the clinic increased the number of daily patients and then started getting the message. The issue I found is that when the message appears patients won't visit the pharmacy at all. While not sure if that is the intended behaviour, I would expect the purpose of the warning is only to let me know that queues will likely form up at the pharmacy, right?

I haven't found information on what triggers the pharmacy too small message. It would be helpful to understand the logic behind it and the intended impact on the patients behaviour when triggered.

Best regards,
Fernando.

ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:55 am
fhevia wrote:Hi. I have granted now download permission to the save file link. Sorry for that.

To clarify, the "pharmacy too small" message appears only once per day, around 8 am. When I setup the pharmacy I assigned a single pharmacist to it and it worked well for several days. Afterwards the clinic increased the number of daily patients and then started getting the message. The issue I found is that when the message appears patients won't visit the pharmacy at all. While not sure if that is the intended behaviour, I would expect the purpose of the warning is only to let me know that queues will likely form up at the pharmacy, right?

I haven't found information on what triggers the pharmacy too small message. It would be helpful to understand the logic behind it and the intended impact on the patients behaviour when triggered.

Best regards,
Fernando.

Hi thank you for the permission. I was able to download it, but unfortunately not open it, because you are using mods. Does this problem happens even when you playing the game without them? Since we were unable to reproduce this bug on our end, it is possible that some of the mod or various combination of them can cause this.

And the logic behind the popup is to alert you that you have more patients then free places in the pharmacy. It pops up once a day if a patient will not find a free spot there and instead of going there the patient goes home. What can happen, usually in the morning when large amounts of patients are discarded and fill up the pharmacy. Then the message pops. And lets say only 5 of 10 patients will come to the pharmacy. So making the pharmacy bigger will solve that issue.
Truhlik
medic

Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:32 pm
I encountered the same problem. To reiterate and clarify a few points:
- the Pharmacy was running without problems, with 2 workers
- from some point on, every morning the "Pharmacy is too small!" message pops up (only once)
- NO patients EVER visit the Pharmacy anymore (so it is not that 5-10 patients "crowd" it and the rest goes home)
- I am running no mods

Edit:
- I deleted the room (in case there are some virtual patients "hanging"), rebuilt it anew, reassigned the workers, the problem persists
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon May 04, 2020 11:17 am
Truhlik wrote:I encountered the same problem. To reiterate and clarify a few points:
- from some point on, every morning the "Pharmacy is too small!" message pops up (only once)
- NO patients EVER visit the Pharmacy anymore (so it is not that 5-10 patients "crowd" it and the rest goes home)
- I am running no mods

Edit:
- I deleted the room (in case there are some virtual patients "hanging"), rebuilt it anew, reassigned the workers, the problem persists

Hi, does the reloading the save resolve the issue? But can you please upload your save? This one is really strange and I would like to find what the problem might be.
And do patients stops coming into the pharmacy right after the message pops once or it work for couple of days and then they stop? Right now any clue could prove useful
Truhlik
medic

Mon May 04, 2020 11:31 am
ondrej.oxymoron wrote:
Truhlik wrote:I encountered the same problem. To reiterate and clarify a few points:
- I am running no mods

Edit:

Hi, does the reloading the save resolve the issue? But can you please upload your save? This one is really strange and I would like to find what the problem might be.
And do patients stops coming into the pharmacy right after the message pops once or it work for couple of days and then they stop? Right now any clue could prove useful

Indeed, saving and reloading the game solves the issue. I guess that uploading the save will not help you, unfortunately. It seems to take a pretty long (1 hour+) uninterrupted play for the problem to manifest.

My read on the situation is: at some point, the pharmacy presents as "full", and the first patient who tries to go there in the moring triggers the "too small" message (hence the message always appears once in the morning around 8:00am). No patients go to the pharmacy that day.

The problem is easily circumvented (save/load), but not easily replicated.
Still, I really love the game Smile good job.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon May 04, 2020 12:21 pm
Truhlik wrote:
ondrej.oxymoron wrote:
- I am running no mods

Edit:

Indeed, saving and reloading the game solves the issue. I guess that uploading the save will not help you, unfortunately. It seems to take a pretty long (1 hour+) uninterrupted play for the problem to manifest.

My read on the situation is: at some point, the pharmacy presents as "full", and the first patient who tries to go there in the moring triggers the "too small" message (hence the message always appears once in the morning around 8:00am). No patients go to the pharmacy that day.

Thank you for the additional information, will try to do our best to replicate it. The message pops for the first patient who tries to go there and will not find a place, but every other patient is checking the place anyway, so as soon someone leaves, then will find it and go there. That is why its hard to replicate, because there is only place it can go wrong and it seem to be working perfectly. And thank you for your kind words:)
nablabla
intern

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:39 pm
you need to have place that is designated as pharmacy in front of the counter, so the customers can stand in the pharmacy when they buy stuff. i also build it like an ice cream parlor, but they the patients can not stand IN the pharmacy. same goes with the gift shop

Nabukadnezar likes this post

Nabukadnezar
attending

Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:03 pm
nablabla wrote:you need to have place that is designated as pharmacy in front of the counter, so the customers can stand in the pharmacy when they buy stuff. i also build it like an ice cream parlor, but they the patients can not stand IN the pharmacy. same goes with the gift shop

I had this problem as well, lucky that I stumbled over this comment. Devs, can you please fix this? The pharmacy shouldn't be considered functional when this happens...
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:21 am
Truhlik wrote:
ondrej.oxymoron wrote:
- I am running no mods

Edit:

Hi, forgot to update this thread with good news:) We found out what was causing this in the end and is already fixed and live in one of our recent updates:)

Nabukadnezar likes this post

ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:25 am
Nabukadnezar wrote:
nablabla wrote:you need to have place that is designated as pharmacy in front of the counter, so the customers can stand in the pharmacy when they buy stuff. i also build it like an ice cream parlor, but they the patients can not stand IN the pharmacy. same goes with the gift shop

I had this problem as well, lucky that I stumbled over this comment. Devs, can you please fix this? The pharmacy shouldn't be considered functional when this happens...

Hi, can you please elaborate more on what is the problem? When you place pharmacy and equip it, patients will go into the pharmacy and will try to stand on free places in front of the counters. Is that not what is happening your cases?
Nabukadnezar
attending

Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:06 pm
ondrej.oxymoron wrote:
Nabukadnezar wrote:

Hi, can you please elaborate more on what is the problem? When you place pharmacy and equip it, patients will go into the pharmacy and will try to stand on free places in front of the counters. Is that not what is happening your cases?

The problem is that the game isn't telling you when the pharmacy doesn't have the proper "format". Check this save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZlFLoxyWd2eQg8BHOb8ESBka5CnhFPdC/view?usp=sharing

You wouldn't know why they ain't buying from the pharmacy.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:14 pm
Nabukadnezar wrote:
ondrej.oxymoron wrote:
Nabukadnezar wrote:

The problem is that the game isn't telling you when the pharmacy doesn't have the proper "format". Check this save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZlFLoxyWd2eQg8BHOb8ESBka5CnhFPdC/view?usp=sharing

You wouldn't know why they ain't buying from the pharmacy.

Hi, i can't seem to be download the save, because it requires a permission
nablabla
intern

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:44 pm
ok, i try to explain again: the devs think of it the correct way since it was their idea, but i build my phamacy like a room with a sellers window aka the counter. the customers stand on the outside and buy stuff, the designated phymarcy area is only for staff. but the game does not work that way, the customers also want to be IN the pharmacy not outside. A quick solution is to enlardge the pharmacy area so that the customrs stand in it when they stand on the counter.
But as a dumb newbie like me, you dont realize even what the problem is and you get these message that the pharmacy is too small, thinking that there need to be more personal or shelfs or whatever. but the real problem is that people cant go in, since as a newbie you think it is not necessar.
is it clear now? if not ill make an example
nablabla
intern

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:46 pm
Nabukadnezar wrote:

and I thinnk this suggestion is an awesome fix!
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:59 am
nablabla wrote:ok, i try to explain again: the devs think of it the correct way since it was their idea, but i build my phamacy like a room with a sellers window aka the counter. the customers stand on the outside and buy stuff, the designated phymarcy area is only for staff. but the game does not work that way, the customers also want to be IN the pharmacy not outside. A quick solution is to enlardge the pharmacy area so that the customrs stand in it when they stand on the counter.
But as a dumb newbie like me, you dont realize even what the problem is and you get these message that the pharmacy is too small, thinking that there need to be more personal or shelfs or whatever. but the real problem is that people cant go in, since as a newbie you think it is not necessar.
is it clear now? if not ill make an example

Hi thank you for the additional information. I have added this to our internal list of bugs and we will see what we can do about this:) Have a great day
nablabla
intern

Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:10 am
thank you. I am really happy that you are still improoving this game further Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum