Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
eliottg
resident

[MODDING] out of memory problem Empty [MODDING] out of memory problem

Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 pm
Hello, I have had a problem with the game for quite some time, whether it be on a game that I am creating or a hospital already created. Sometimes it happens that the game crashes when I start my game, whether it is an already built hospital or a new map. Before I didn't know where it came from but with your last update the game crashed for the first time and when it brought me back to the menu it displayed out of memory before closing itself.
the second time, I restarted it and when I restarted the game, it also crashed.

in his cases I restart my pc and often his walk but I do not understand why its done, especially since I play another game that uses much more resource and they work very well.

here are the logs: https://www.cjoint.com/c/JDwtefdJD5U

here is one of the maps where sometimes the crash happens. : https://www.cjoint.com/c/JDwtgIyDBNU

thank you in advance for your help
Attachments
[MODDING] out of memory problem Attachment
Hopital Saint Honore.zip mapYou don't have permission to download attachments.(2.2 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
[MODDING] out of memory problem Attachment
output_log.txt logYou don't have permission to download attachments.(176 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[MODDING] out of memory problem Empty Re: [MODDING] out of memory problem

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:45 am
Hi, thanks for the message and the details! Unfortunately with over 20 mods installed it can be expected that the memory requirements will go up, especially in case you're using mods increasing some of the numbers of staff/patients or the number of floors.

As I can see quite a few graphical mods in the metadata in the save, you can consider switching the game to low texture quality in options in main menu, that can help quite a bit, also make sure to close any other unnecessary programs you're running, even browser tabs if Chrome can be pretty memory hungry - this could also explain why it works better after rebooting the pc.

I hope this helps!
eliottg
resident

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:26 pm
okay thank you i was planning on removing mods so this is what i will do
  thank you
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum