Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zmoi6
intern

[MODDING] Objects in wrong place on ground floor Empty [MODDING] Objects in wrong place on ground floor

Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:56 pm
Hi!

I have a problem with objects which are placed in the wrong place on the ground floor.
Sinks are here on the cupboards in my GP offices but not visible and PCs are not placed well.
The issue is only on the ground floor.
Is it possible to fix?

Thanks for your help Smile
Attachments
[MODDING] Objects in wrong place on ground floor Attachment
sinks PC 1.jpg screenshot 1You don't have permission to download attachments.(500 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
sinks PC 2.jpg screenshot 2You don't have permission to download attachments.(474 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
bug.zip save fileYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1.4 Mb) Downloaded 3 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[MODDING] Objects in wrong place on ground floor Empty Re: [MODDING] Objects in wrong place on ground floor

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:39 am
Hi, thanks a lot for the report! We've seen a similar issue in screenshots from another player but we couldn't reproduce it on our side.

It's actually the same here, while I can clearly see the issue in the screenshots, when I load the save in the latest development version, everything looks normal. Could you check if restarting the game and reloading the level makes it fix itself on your side too? (That would actually make further investigations much harder, but let's hope it got fixed in the meantime while we worked on other issues Smile ).
Zmoi6
intern

[MODDING] Objects in wrong place on ground floor Empty Re: [MODDING] Objects in wrong place on ground floor

Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:28 pm
Hi,

I tried restarting the game and reloading and it worked... but I already restarted the game previously and the bug was still there so I thought that there was probably something different I did those times. So I tried different things. I hope this will help you Smile

So far this bug is only with this hospital. I tried other saves with a different hospital and I didn't have any issues.
If I load directly after launching the game the latest savegame by selecting it with the little clock icon the bug is not there and everything looks fine.
If I load directly after launching the game the exact same savegame but with clicking on it instead of clicking on the clock icon the bug is there

I'll tell you if I find something else Smile

Thanks for your help
Zmoi6
intern

Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 pm
Hi,

I'm still playing this hospital and the bug with objects is still there. Sometimes everything looks good when I load the save. Sometimes the bug is there. It's not always the same objects. It can be other PC or sinks but always on the ground floor.

I also noticed that doctors in TC or patients in IRM or scanner are not displayed as they should. They are half covered behind objects. But it doesn't happen all the time. It depends on save loading.
Other floors and departments are always fine.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed May 20, 2020 12:55 pm
Hi, thanks for the update, this seems to be a bigger mystery than expected - we can't see the problem on our side regardless of the 'loading method'.
In the meantime we learned some more details from other players, but the issue always seemed to be related to the 'More floors' mod in combination with camera rotation. I don't assume you have been modifying the maximum number of floors by hand, right?
Zmoi6
intern

Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 pm
Hi,
This is possible.
I used to change the number of floors in the tweakables but with the installation of the latest DLC, the setting was back in it's previous value and I tried the "more floors" mod. I don't have any other mods.
I'll disable this mod and do it again by hand to see if it's working again because I didn't have this issue before.

Thanks for your help and quick reply Wink
Zmoi6
intern

Wed May 20, 2020 2:41 pm
I disabled the more floors mod. I checked the files in steam so the tweakable files was downloaded in it's original state again. I made the changes myself (only number of floors and max number insurance).

After loading the game the bug was there. I don't know why but I tried to save the game when I was on a floor whith no problem. When I loaded the game again the bug wasn't there.

So I tried 15 /20 times to save when I'm on different floors. Every time I saved on the ground floor, the bug was there after loading the game (even if it was not there at the saving time). Every time I saved the game on any other floor, everything was fine. I don't know if this will always work like this. I'll try this again later to see if this really works.

I don't know if this can help you but in my case it seems to work.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum