Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Department Ideas

+4
KEEGUNATOR
Flufy60
ChaosToasterHH
Adventure4u1
8 posters
Go down
Adventure4u1
attending

New Department Ideas  Empty New Department Ideas

Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:35 pm
Before I get to my suggestions I want to thank the devs for finally allowing us to rotate the screen. Here are my two department suggestions.
Pediatric Unit.
Childbirth Unit.

I'm okay with both of these being paid DLC, and I am sure there are other Departments that pepole would like.
ChaosToasterHH
ChaosToasterHH
resident

New Department Ideas  Empty Re: New Department Ideas

Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:20 am
Hey Buddy,

at the moment i am creating a mod with all the hospital departments that exist in real life including all diseases and symptoms. If you want I can put your wish into practice Smile
Flufy60
Flufy60
intern

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:51 pm
Hi ChaosToasterHH !

Maybe you can add in your mod the dermatolgy department. Smile
KEEGUNATOR
KEEGUNATOR
resident

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:40 pm
Great idea. Pediatrics is just the problem, as I have heard from many modders that pediatrics is almost impossible to do, but nice idea. I'm not sure if the developers are gonna add these eventually, as I have seen many new department requests that haven't been answered, but nice idea. Smile
ChaosToasterHH
ChaosToasterHH
resident

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:36 pm
Nice Idea. I want to make all Hospitaldepartments we have in reallife. Of course we have to wait for the help of the developers for some ideas, but something like a children's ward or a veterinary clinic would be really nice. In any case, I am currently creating all the departments that are currently available in the medical field. Currently I have some problems which is why I am currently stuck but I dig through the mod every day and it is already making great strides. I was going to make an open source project out of the whole mod anyway so that everyone who felt like it could take part and maybe we can also support the devs and build the whole departments for the new dlcs. Let's see what the future brings.
James
James
fellow

Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:44 am
Hi!, James here. I’m the developer of the ENT mod. Many of the departments like otolaryngology, oncology, gynaecology and obstetrics are found in the workshop. As you may know. As I have contacted some developers they plan to make more mods like sleepy089 for instance, he/she is planning to make a immunology mod. While I am also planning to make a Infectious Disease department with many disease like Polio, SARS, COVID-19, Measles and etc. Pediatrics in my opinion is hard not impossible for us modders to make because the JavaScript we must implement, unless you know how to use JavaScript. As for Pharmacies developers might plan to make it, because I saw some shelf’s full of medicines in the game while trying to make objects.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 am
Hi all, just to quickly address two of the points discussed here:

We had already had some detailed discussions regarding maternity wards/child patients even before release and I'm afraid it's not the best candidate for new content. First, it would be definitely the most time-consuming department to implement (new graphics, new animations, new behaviors with children and parents etc.) and to be honest, this could be a pretty sensitive topic - we didn't really have the heart to implement collapsing and dying children and newborns.

On a positive note though - we'll be starting to announce new content very soon. keep an eye on our social media channels. Smile
And regarding pharmacy... https://twitter.com/oxymoron_games/status/1232978937669701632

M0n3y
M0n3y
resident

Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:49 pm
ChaosToasterHH wrote:Nice Idea. I want to make all Hospitaldepartments we have in reallife. Of course we have to wait for the help of the developers for some ideas, but something like a children's ward or a veterinary clinic would be really nice. In any case, I am currently creating all the departments that are currently available in the medical field. Currently I have some problems which is why I am currently stuck but I dig through the mod every day and it is already making great strides. I was going to make an open source project out of the whole mod anyway so that everyone who felt like it could take part and maybe we can also support the devs and build the whole departments for the new dlcs. Let's see what the future brings.

Great!
How would you implent some departments that may overlap with diseases?
Geriatrics for example, is basically a mixup of all kinds of ilnesses.

I work on radiology IRL, so if you have questions on which symptoms are visible on CT, MRI, Xray, ultrasound let me know and I'll see what I can do Wink
James
James
fellow

Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:39 pm
M0n3y wrote:
ChaosToasterHH wrote:Nice Idea. I want to make all Hospitaldepartments we have in reallife. Of course we have to wait for the help of the developers for some ideas, but something like a children's ward or a veterinary clinic would be really nice. In any case, I am currently creating all the departments that are currently available in the medical field. Currently I have some problems which is why I am currently stuck but I dig through the mod every day and it is already making great strides. I was going to make an open source project out of the whole mod anyway so that everyone who felt like it could take part and maybe we can also support the devs and build the whole departments for the new dlcs. Let's see what the future brings.

Great!

I work on radiology IRL, so if you have questions on which symptoms are visible on CT, MRI, Xray, ultrasound let me know and I'll see what I can do Wink

Geriatrics is not needed, because in the game patient ages range from 20 until 80.
M0n3y
M0n3y
resident

Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:57 pm
James Buckham wrote:
M0n3y wrote:

Great!

Geriatrics is not needed, because in the game patient ages range from 20 until 80.

And geriatric patients are aged 65 and above Wink
Anyway, for such a department to feel unique, the age of the patient should have a bigger influence on gameplay than it is now. Right now, it really is just a number Razz
nanook
resident

Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:23 pm
It would be neat to see plastic surgery. Both cosmetic and reconstructive.

Adding the ability to build a trauma team would be amazing. Having an OR reserved for emergent/non-scheduled cases. Even with lots of extra staff and resources the logic that is followed falls short and it can take a long time to get someone from the door to the OR.

Adding the ability to consult other departments rather than transferring the patient would be nice. A simple fracture rarely needs to go to orthopedics.

Also giving and getting referrals from other departments or facilities would be nice. It has already been said, but having people come in from another facility or from EMS with a partial workup would be nice. ie. Some labs, tests, procedures, or imaging already done.

I think this was also said, but different levels of EMS. Basic, Advanced Life Support, and even a stroke unit.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum