Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOG and access to mods

+5
hrmantovani
Damn3d
jan.oxymoron
sleepy068
Gito
9 posters
Go down
Gito
medic

GOG and access to mods Empty GOG and access to mods

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:22 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi,

I already know that the GOG version of the game has mod support (put the mod into the "\Assets\StreamingAssets\Addons" folder). But how do customers who bought the game on GOG.com access mods? Mods are only available on the Steam Workshop. Because of that mod support is effectively only existent for the Steam version of the game. Please provide another way to get mods.

Best regards,
Gito
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

GOG and access to mods Empty Re: GOG and access to mods

Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:46 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Hi Gito,

I think Github would be the perfect solution here, I'm working on a Oncology department mod and will absolutely upload it there so non-steam users can download releases. Might be worth a shot seeing if other modders would be happy to upload their mods there too (and link to them from this forum). This would be a very similar setup to Kerbal Space Program's modding community and they are very active (they do use Curse and 3rd party mod management software as well though).
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:54 pm
Hi all, let me just quickly confirm that the game supports/loads mods put by hand to the Addons folder just the same as the ones downloaded from workshop, the only difference is the folder location.

It's of course up to each author of every mod to share the files, but we definitely support making the mods widely available on github, mod DB or anywhere else and we can for example add a link on the workshop page to let people know that you've started organizing things and other authors are welcome to join - so keep us in the loop! Smile
Damn3d
Damn3d
resident

Fri May 15, 2020 1:34 pm
Hi guys.

Yeah, it's a big problem with GOG version (than i have too)... We can't use mods from Workshop because no one share except on the Steam Workshop.

There is a website who exist to download directly from Workshop without owning the game (no other solutions for GOG version...) but it's not working with your games. I can fully understand that you not allowing this (anonymous connexion because of piracy)... but in this case, i cannot enjoy mods with GOG version and to be honest, i don't want to buy it an other time on Steam...

But i'm suppose you have no solution at all for us Sad

Thanks again for your great game (best since Theme Hospital, and to be honest, much better !)
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri May 15, 2020 3:22 pm
Hi, thanks for the message! We'll be of course happy to see the mods also shared outside of the workshop (for example on github as discussed in the thread) and as mentioned in one of my previous replies, we'll be happy to share links on the workshop page or on social media, but generally it's up to the modding community.

Btw we're not aware of the external website, feel free to tell us more - at least we're not blocking anything as far as I know. Smile
Damn3d
Damn3d
resident

Fri May 15, 2020 3:56 pm
Thanks a lot for your responses!
Just send you a PM Smile

Thanks again !
hrmantovani
intern

Mon May 25, 2020 7:05 am
Damn3d wrote:Hi guys.

Yeah, it's a big problem with GOG version (than i have too)... We can't use mods from Workshop because no one share except on the Steam Workshop.

There is a website who exist to download directly from Workshop without owning the game (no other solutions for GOG version...) but it's not working with your games. I can fully understand that you not allowing this (anonymous connexion because of piracy)... but in this case, i cannot enjoy mods with GOG version and to be honest, i don't want to buy it an other time on Steam...

But i'm suppose you have no solution at all for us Sad

Thanks again for your great game (best since Theme Hospital, and to be honest, much better !)

They are not blocking it. The website you are talking about only work for games that are in the owner's library. As the owner doesn't have Project Hospital, it won't work. You can see more about it in the donate section of the website
MoominLittlesocks
resident

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:23 pm
Just worth noting here that the 'Sexual Health Department' mod is available for non-steam users. Just head to the discord for up-to-date versions: https://discord.gg/pjvdT2R
raki_can
raki_can
attending

Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:37 am
If you can get the file somehow and put it in the proper folder, it should work fine.
There are some external sites that claim to be able to download Steam Workshop files, but many do not work properly.
It's a problem with those external sites, and basically any game will work if it can put the file in the default location, regardless of where the file comes from.

If the mod creator you want to use is still active enough, please offer "MOD download outside Steam is required for the game I purchased on GOG".
user947
fellow

Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:59 am
MoominLittlesocks wrote:Just worth noting here that the 'Sexual Health Department' mod is available for non-steam users. Just head to the discord for up-to-date versions: https://discord.gg/pjvdT2R

Nice! Just downloaded it! Thanks for this.
Bohauo
resident

Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:20 am
Hey.
I just wanna highlight to all modders out there that Nexus is a huge platform for mods for all kind of games, Nexus is my "go to site" when looking for mod to a game, sadly non exist for PH at this moment.

www.nexusmods.com

If any of you want me to publish you mods on Nexus (i am not a modder myself but i can help in this way) i can do that for you, please understand that you still own and are expected to support any mods that is published in Nexus.
If you think this sounds good, please send me a PM so we can discus this further.

Happy news, three mod for PH is on the Nexus as soon as the game is added to their wast library.

Mod that are added now is currently:
Sexual Health Mod
Ear, Nose and Throat
Check-up Mod

(i will add links to the nexus mod pages as soon as they are posted)
Bohauo
resident

Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:13 pm
Links to the mods at nexus:

Sexual Health Department: https://www.nexusmods.com/projecthospital/mods/1
ENT Department: https://www.nexusmods.com/projecthospital/mods/2
Medical check-ups: https://www.nexusmods.com/projecthospital/mods/3
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum