Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GodLovesATrier
medic

Feature requests and game balancing Empty Feature requests and game balancing

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:08 pm
Hello,

I've been playing for about a week now. Took me until my third go to get round the issues with making enough money and the fact that as soon as you open trauma or ICU you loose any semi consistent profit and stray into minus super quickly. Even so I have 114 staff and all hospitalizations open. It's really hard to figure out why your patients are not getting to a ward from a clinic a lot of the time. So I wanted to feature request for an indicator such as for example, if they had been waiting for a CT scan for 50 minutes or 6 hours, is there a way to add a timer to a specific test, so that when the gamer checks on the patient card they can figure out what the last test was and how long it took.

Also for wards I thought they would get moved into regular beds and then HDU, but I am thinking now maybe they get moved based on severity of symptoms. If it's the latter can there be an added dynamic to figure out severity maybe on the patient overview (where you see all the patients who were sent home) to figure out why they didn't end up in a bed (I have at least one or two free beds and enough staff).

A beauty overlay would be awesome to see decoration bonuses, a little like Oyxgen Not Included's overlay.

As for the monetary issue, I've noticed game variables for patient numbers (which patients are allocated waht diseases and to which clinics) is almost random but at my hospital Cardiology appears to be 30 to 40% higher in patient intake than all the others. Whilst this is fine, in terms of profits one day it can be as low as say $10,000, the next $40,000. But maybe there needs to be a game dynamic available to the gamer to manipulate these stats? Bare in mind I have 5 star prestige all the time and max patients, so there is no reason why in theory I should not be hitting $40,000 per day. However instead I hit a wide variation.

As you would expect once you add ICU and ER into the mix your patients collapse or are split out into ER and ICU and they make less money per day than if they ended up in a clinic. They might also occupy a bed longer and may even pay you less. So profits are sapped rather dramatically.

I read in one guide that it's important to get the upper tier insurances so that the above profit issues stop happening. But the gap for the gamer between getting from the third insurer to the 4th seems huge and the game recommends ICU is opened, but this causes problems and as we know if we take out a massive loan that is tricky too.Currently I am chasing the 3rd tier of insurance but I am spamming time accelerate to eake out 5k profit a day in order to get 50 to 90k profits to open new areas, expand or buy ambulances. It just seems like the leap from that third insurer to the ambulances is collosal.

Whilst I love playing an unbalanced game beause it's more fun! Most gamers will probably just get really annoyed and stop playing. So wanted to give my 2 cents!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum