Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LeidenFrost
medic

Less constrictive placement of objects and surfaces Empty Less constrictive placement of objects and surfaces

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 pm
I haven't been playing for a while and recently I got the urge to play again. To my surprise there are some new
restrictions to what object can be placed on what service. This is unfortunate because I used to create these nurse stations with a front desk using the reception desk and to dress it all up I would use different medical objects like glassware
and defibrillators on them to give the illusion of an active workstation.

It also isn't very clear sometimes why certain objects cannot be placed on a surface even though they appear to fit on them. For instance why an audiometer or ecg cannot be placed on a stainless steel stand while it can be placed on an instrument table even though they are the same general size. It also isn't very clear to me why I can use a stool next to a table with an emg but i cannot use a normal chair.

I would suggest making it less restrictive as to what object can be placed on what surface. This to increase the creativity
and use objects in other ways than their intended use. It would also make the game more intuitive in my opinion.

jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Less constrictive placement of objects and surfaces Empty Re: Less constrictive placement of objects and surfaces

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:33 am
Hi, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums!

You're probably right some of the limitations aren't necessary (although there are often some hidden reasons why the rules are the way they are), I can forward this to the designers so they can have a look - generally we try to allow object placement to be as free as possible as long as it doesn't break the way characters use the equipment during examinations and treatments.

Btw - these specific restrictions have always been in the game, but for example the single-tile desks in nurses stations with different attachments are possible using the 'square table' instead of the reception desk. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum