Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
agritite
resident

[QUESTION] Patients die despite treated Empty [QUESTION] Patients die despite treated

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:56 am
I've got so many patients that dies even after all the symptoms are discovered and non of them can cause death.

Like this one, the main symptom had already being treated, but a heart failure just randomly popped out of nowhere, and when this happens, it is almost an guarantee that the patient will die inevitably.

Is this intended behavior? If it is, then I think it is completely inappropriate, because what you are saying is that non-flashing symptoms can still randomly initiate a flashing symptom followed by a collapse, which contradicts the point of the flashing symptom mechanism.

----------------------

Here's another one! The patient had every severe symptoms treated, and he just suddenly went into a coma, and died before anyone could even reach his bed. Umm.., are you guys trying to emphasize the uncertainty of life?

First patient is 3.zip, and second is 6.zip.
You can probably find patient 2 alive in 3.zip, but I didn't rename him in it, so you might have to look for him for a while.
Attachments
[QUESTION] Patients die despite treated Attachment
3.zip First PatientYou don't have permission to download attachments.(3.4 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
[QUESTION] Patients die despite treated Attachment
6.zip Second PatientYou don't have permission to download attachments.(3.2 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] Patients die despite treated Empty Re: [QUESTION] Patients die despite treated

Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:59 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, thanks for the report, I'm looking at the saves - I found the second patient in the first save, so far it looks this might be linked to a delay that can sometimes happen between a 'collapse symptom' gets created behind the scenes and then activated/shown in the card (there are some conditions when the patient can actually collapse, for example not during examinations). We'll have a closer look, there might be some possibilities how to improve this.
agritite
resident

[QUESTION] Patients die despite treated Empty Re: [QUESTION] Patients die despite treated

Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:09 pm
There's another problem related to this though. If a patient collapsed for the same reason the second time, for example a heart failure, then the second flashing symptom will immediately distinguish because 'defibrillation' is already complete in the 'treatment' list despite it being the treatment to the first heart failure. However, the second symptom is actually not treated, thus the exclamation mark will remain, and the patient 'might' still die. The death is not consistent, so I'm not sure whether the cause is the remaining exclamation mark overriding the patient's life status, or simply because the treatment is too late.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:26 pm
Not sure if this won't spoil anything, but here's how the evaluation of collapse survival works behind the scenes - only the most critical collapses can actually kill the patients (for example heart/respiratory failure or shocks) and with each critical collapse the probability of survival decreases roughly twice. So it's not directly the symptom itself, but also the number of collapses themselves.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum