Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mustard
intern

[RESOLVED] Patient giving way for surgery doesn't release doctors Empty [RESOLVED] Patient giving way for surgery doesn't release doctors

Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:15 am
Sorry, I didn't save the game while this situation was active, so I don't have a file to share.

Situation:
Patient X in cardiology HDU set with surgery as next treatment. (Edit: this patient was under AI control, so I don't know the exact timing of when this treatment was set relative to the other patients)
I started the natural disaster event and new patient Y comes in from ambulance
Patient Y also requires surgery from cardiology.
No surgeries were going on and the there was a backlog from the event (that event required almost all heart surgeries)

Problem:
All of the surgery doctors and nurses were marked as reserved for patient X.
Patient X was marked as giving way to critical patient.
It appears that when patient X decided to give way to other patients that his doctors didn't get the memo.
mlee0332
intern

[RESOLVED] Patient giving way for surgery doesn't release doctors Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Patient giving way for surgery doesn't release doctors

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:07 pm
I am having the same issue in my General Surgery department. The room and the docs are now hung up preventing further surgeries.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Patient giving way for surgery doesn't release doctors Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Patient giving way for surgery doesn't release doctors

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:41 am
Hi, thanks a lot for the report! Having a look at the reservation rules I have a candidate that could be causing this - if any of you can attach a save from when this happened/if it happens again, it could really help verifying the problem and testing a fix, I'm not sure how quickly we'll manage to reproduce it ourselves.
Also, could you check if cancelling the surgery on the lower-priority patient (patient X) cancels the reservation? That could be a workaround for now.
mlee0332
intern

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:33 pm
Sure I'll upload next time it happens.

I have not been able to cancel the surgery to release the lock, but I can transfer the patient to another hospital and it will release the lock.
mlee0332
intern

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:01 pm
So this is a different issue than we previously described, but the staff in this file have a patient on the table in the neuro OR, and they are all stuck.

The OR was stuck prior to this, so I deleted the room and readded it.  Surgeries immediately resumed, but then on about the 3rd or 4th patient they all got stuck in the or.

Neuro OR is on the 4th floor.

Last edited by mlee0332 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
mlee0332
intern

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:19 pm
Ok here we go, cardiology OR staff reserved for patient giving way to more critical.  Staff stuck, cannot cancel surgery.

This save also has the neuro staff that are stuck. Cardio or is on 3rd floor
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:09 am
Hi, thanks a lot for both saves! It looks like there was still one very specific case where deleting operating rooms during surgery (or while the room was reserved) caused a hidden error, fixing.
And the fix for the original issue (reservation stuck) needs a bit more testing, but seems to work as well. We can probably put it on the beta branch on Steam if you'd like to try it out yourself before it makes its way to the next patch.
mlee0332
intern

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:31 pm
Sure, I'd be happy to try it out.
Mustard
intern

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:36 am
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, thanks a lot for the report! Having a look at the reservation rules I have a candidate that could be causing this - if any of you can attach a save from when this happened/if it happens again, it could really help verifying the problem and testing a fix, I'm not sure how quickly we'll manage to reproduce it ourselves.
Also, could you check if cancelling the surgery on the lower-priority patient (patient X) cancels the reservation? That could be a workaround for now.

yes, I took control of the lower priority patient, cancelled his surgery. That released the doctors. I then re-added his surgery and things seemed to work fine after that.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:28 am
Hi, thanks, good to hear this doesn't get characters stuck permanently!

An update is now available on the beta branch with the fix, feel free to try it out - and please let us know if you still encounter any related problems (fingers crossed this was all Smile ).

Here's how to switch to beta:
- Right click Project Hospital in the library list on Steam, go to properties
- Choose beta under the betas tab (second screenshot here https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/application/branches )
- Wait for the game to update (or uninstall and reinstall, this doesn't affect saved games)
mlee0332
intern

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 pm
Thanks, will this also address my neuro OR staff?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:04 pm
mlee0332 wrote:Thanks, will this also address my neuro OR staff?

Hi, yes, the fix for the problem with deleting rooms is also included.
mlee0332
intern

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:59 pm
So I tried to enable Beta today.  The only option for beta in my menu is beta for translators. Is this the correct beta update?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:53 pm
mlee0332 wrote:So I tried to enable Beta today.  The only option for beta in my menu is beta for translators. Is this the correct beta update?

Hi, yes, that's the one! Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum