Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modding tutorial: objects

+7
sleepy068
Furst
James
Floracelia
jan.oxymoron
Dalairen
roman.oxymoron
11 posters
Go down
LakGoudle
medic

Modding tutorial: objects - Page 2 Empty Re: Modding tutorial: objects

Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:59 pm

Hi.

It seems that every time I edit the tile atlas image it turns my game into red and white soup. The game is fine with the original image that came with the tutorial but when I add my tile to it, with Micro. Paint or Gimp, my game gets angry and sees red.

Are there extra steps I have to take with images other than ensuring it is PNG file.

I have VERY limited coding skills even more so limited image editing skills, so I don't know where to start to troubleshoot this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lak
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:38 pm
Hi, generally "a png file" should be all that's needed, if needs to have the correct dimensions etc., but that should be ensured by using the tutorial template file.

In either case I'd suggest to have a look at the log file written after the game has shown the symptoms and search for "exception", "error" or the name of your png file, there should be a bit more info about what's going wrong. You can find the log file by following the bug reporting guide: https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t717-how-to-report-bugs

LakGoudle likes this post

LakGoudle
medic

Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:27 pm
Thank You. This was a huge help.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum