Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
vamdrapids
resident

[OPEN] Headless Patient / Wandering / Stuck Empty [OPEN] Headless Patient / Wandering / Stuck

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:56 pm
I have a patient (Christopher Miller, Cardiology) on the third floor of my hospital who was being treated and diagnosed normally for a while (at least one full game day), save for the fact that he would appear headless in his hospital bed.  

Eventually, I noticed two staff at his bedside.  They tended to him for hours.  I surmised they were stuck.  In an attempt to free them, I attempted to transfer the pt to another hospital, but if I recall correctly neither he nor the staff were freed.

I then saved the game and reloaded the save file, which often frees stuck staff / resolves other minor bugs, but this did not work.  I then quit the game completely and reloaded the save file, which tends to resolve minor bugs that are not resolved by a quick save/reload, but alas, this did not work either.  Instead, it made things a bit funkier: the staff were freed, but the patient hopped up from bed and began walking in a diagonal toward the camera, through walls and over parts of the third floor that had no foundation.  At some point he switched directions and began walking in the opposite direction (away from the camera and toward his bed - through walls and over parts w/ no foundation still).  When he reached his bed, he began walking the halls of the hospital normally (obeying walls, foundation), though his bed remained occupied by a headless character.  He continued to a part of the hospital designated for surgery - no restrooms or anything to satisfy other needs of his - and came to rest next to an OR, where he stopped moving.  The option to transfer him away was greyed out, and his status was "Hospitalized, waiting for transport".  That's when I decided to report the bug.  

I've uploaded a save file I believe to be prior to the bug (Byte 7), as well as the one I reloaded as described (Byte Cool.  Log is there as well.  I can provide earlier saves if it helps - just let me know.

Thanks for looking into this one!
Attachments
[OPEN] Headless Patient / Wandering / Stuck Attachment
Player Log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(918 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Byte 7.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.6 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
Byte 8.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.7 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN] Headless Patient / Wandering / Stuck Empty Re: [OPEN] Headless Patient / Wandering / Stuck

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:18 pm
Hello and thank you for the report - also for the saves!
We will analyze it and work to fix it!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN] Headless Patient / Wandering / Stuck Empty Re: [OPEN] Headless Patient / Wandering / Stuck

Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:40 pm
Hi, I can definitely see the issue after loading the save, the patient is trying to get to a trauma center bed for some reason while he shouldn't be walking at all.

Actually an earlier save could be really useful in this case, can you find one maybe two hours older (Day 22, 23:00)? Thanks in advance!
vamdrapids
resident

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:49 pm
I've got Day 22, 20:00.  Earlier than that it's Day 22 08:00.  There's a chance I saved in between there, but I'll have to look a bit closer.  Let me know if this file is good, or if you'd like me to find another.
Attachments
autosave_D22_H20.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.6 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:26 pm
Thanks, in the 20:00 i can just see the patient being transported from the trauma center (already in a half-broken state), so also the earlier save can be useful - but we should be already able to at least guess what's going wrong Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum