Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ryken
intern

Designating "Entrance/Exit" For Staff/Patients & Paths To Doors Empty Designating "Entrance/Exit" For Staff/Patients & Paths To Doors

Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:06 am
I have a main entrance for my clinic and my staff/patients walk all the way around the building to get to it (not the quickest/most logical path). I even set up hedges and fences to block the way they were walking in and the NPCs walk through the walls/fences/hedges to take the long way around. Is this bug being addressed?

Also, I would like to designate a back door for staff only to use. Is there a way to assign that door to staff only and get them to actually use it rather than walking out the front lobby every morning and night? Thanks! study
Dantor
Dantor
resident

Designating "Entrance/Exit" For Staff/Patients & Paths To Doors Empty Re: Designating "Entrance/Exit" For Staff/Patients & Paths To Doors

Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:56 am
Ryken wrote:Also, I would like to designate a back door for staff only to use. Is there a way to assign that door to staff only and get them to actually use it rather than walking out the front lobby every morning and night? Thanks! study

Have you ever tried to mark the area around the door red, i.e. to declare it "not accessible to patients"? Maybe that will work.
Ryken
intern

Designating "Entrance/Exit" For Staff/Patients & Paths To Doors Empty Re: Designating "Entrance/Exit" For Staff/Patients & Paths To Doors

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 pm
I have used the red/green floor designation feature in some cases. It would be nice to assign a certain door as a "staff/patient entrance/exit" from the building though. I will keep experimenting.
Dantor
Dantor
resident

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:47 pm
Ryken wrote:I have used the red/green floor designation feature in some cases. It would be nice to assign a certain door as a "staff/patient entrance/exit" from the building though. I will keep experimenting.

Yes, that would be a good idea if you could determine who is allowed to use doors. And I don't just mean patients, I mean employees, too. For example, I don't want my staff to go to the patient toilet.
Ryken
intern

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:51 pm
Dantor wrote:
Ryken wrote:I have used the red/green floor designation feature in some cases. It would be nice to assign a certain door as a "staff/patient entrance/exit" from the building though. I will keep experimenting.

Yes, that would be a good idea if you could determine who is allowed to use doors. And I don't just mean patients, I mean employees, too. For example, I don't want my staff to go to the patient toilet.

Marking which restrooms are staff vs patients is a great idea too! I'm thinking at the hospital I work at in real life, no staff would be using a restroom in a patient's room or lobby. We have certain places where staff go and then certain areas and rooms just for patients and staff.
Dantor
Dantor
resident

Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:37 pm
By the way, I tried it once and marked a toilet red, i.e. marked it as "not accessible for patients". Unfortunately, it was not used by the employees, too. So at the moment we have almost no possibilities to control that patients and employees use different toilets.
The only exception: In the template for the break room there is a small chamber. I put a toilet in there, which is actually used by the employees. But only if the way to the right toilet is further.
Adventure4u1
attending

Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:47 pm
Dantor wrote:

Yeah, and I would like to separate my hospitalization paths from my clinic paths. I don't want my hospitalized patients going into clinic only areas.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum