Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Only Interns Empty Only Interns

Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:31 am
Hi,

Does anyone know of, or can figure out how (The modding community understand these things to a level I couldn't) if it's possible to change the hiring mechanics to show only interns? Or a higher percentage of interns?

I like to play where I hire only interns but have to sift through a lot of other staff to get to them. (63 this morning just to get 1 male doctor intern)

Please help
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Only Interns Empty Re: Only Interns

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:38 pm
Hi, thanks for the suggestion (we also received the PM)! While it would be hard to extend the hiring panel at this point, there's a workaround you can try - use the character editor instead, for the emergency clinic it actually generates only interns. It will be probably more expensive than re-generating candidates via the hiring agency, but you can also adjust the DLC_DOC_CHAR_EDITOR_PRICE value in DLCTweakables.xml under Doctor Mode.
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:10 pm
That may speed things up a little, however if I change the number of perks does the character always have to have that specific number before I can buy them?
ProHolmes
intern

Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:17 pm
Yes, when you create a doctor he/she has to have exact amount of perks.
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:57 am
So how did you guys make the Advanced Diagnosis filter for emergency?
Or where do I find the part that makes it happen? Perhaps its editable to show only level 1 staff instead of those with Advanced Diagnosis. The balance of interns is way off. Far too many high level people need to be gone through to get interns. It's the most frustrating pert of the game for me. I absolutely love the rest of the game, I just need to find a way of fixing this one huge issue that makes me want to stop playing.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:25 am
Hi, well, there's some quite complicated code handling all this, we need to hold the lists for each category, be able to regenerate candidates and the UI switches according to which types of candidates make sense for the department you're hiring for, plus we need to count and color-code how many employees of each type you already have and all candidates are saved, so the game needs to fill in missing candidates if you load a save in which the category didn't exist yet. What I think could be a possible solution would be to add a tweakable that adjusts the ratio of interns among the candidates, but this will most likely get a low priority as it affects only this particular play style and only candidates on the Emergency clinic (and we'll need to be careful not to affect the overall balance).
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:12 am
jan.oxymoron wrote:What I think could be a possible solution would be to add a tweakable that adjusts the ratio of interns among the candidates

So is there a line I can add into my own tweakables to produce 100% interns?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:33 am
Hi, unfortunately not, by 'adding a tweakable' I meant creating it on our side and writing the code that will look at its value to affect the generation of the candidates - btw that's why I was talking about priorities.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum