Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Knabbel
Knabbel
intern

Gastroenterology & Urology Mod Empty Gastroenterology & Urology Mod

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:59 pm
Hey, I'm currently working on a mod that will add two new departments: Gastroenterology and Urology. This is going fairly well, but I have some problems making custom icons for my departments, examenations, symptoms and diseases. I have made a other mod for project hospital before, this added a hematology department (never made it public, because i wasn't happy with how little of an amount of content it would add and it had some rough edges). In this Hematology mod the custom icons worked fine, but I can't  seems to make it work with these deparments.

Only the skill icon works, all the other icons are just white boxes. Does anyone have any tips on how to make quality icons that actually work?

Thanks!

A in game picture of the department icons: Gastroenterology & Urology Mod 2020-012
James
James
fellow

Gastroenterology & Urology Mod Empty Re: Gastroenterology & Urology Mod

Fri May 01, 2020 3:43 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi Dr. ,James here, I'm the developer of the ENT mod, I would really love to help you with the mod. You may give me a link of the mod and i'll see whats wrong with the icon. You can send me the link using Google drive, Dropbox, Github or anything else as long as it has the files for me to take a look at
Knabbel
Knabbel
intern

Fri May 01, 2020 3:57 pm
Hi James,
That would be great!
Here is a dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0vfkqngrcoznbq1/AACYz-y7b0n9GbcOIGqnTuW4a?dl=0

Thanks in advance!

(oh and i changed my username on this forum to match my name on steam)
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

Sat May 02, 2020 10:30 am
Hi Knabbel,

James is a highly capable modder so i can't imagine you'd need too much more help but I'd love to help you get this off the ground as well if I can (I really want to see more department mods and see this modding community grow). I am the developer of the Oncology mod. Feel free to add me on steam if you'd like (sleepy068), Moomin Littlesocks (Sexual Health) also started a modders discord that could prove extremely useful to new modders as most of the existing modders are on there.
I am in the middle of developing detailed tutorials for how to build a department mod, i'll see if i can't knock those out sooner, always nice to have reference material.
One quick thing, Gast_icon_skill.png appears to be 65px by 64px, that might cause issues (not 100% sure but definitely aim for 64px by 64px), also all your icons currently have an extra space between the _ and Icon. But the code does not have that space, this is causing a 'Texture doesn't exist' error and is why your icons aren't loading. Your icons might be a little too big too (i generally aim for around the 55px by 55px max).
Let me know if I can be of any help.

James likes this post

Knabbel
Knabbel
intern

Sat May 02, 2020 11:42 am
Hey Sleepy,

Thanks for the help, the extra space in the icon name was indeed the problem! It's frustrating how you can break your head on such a simpel and little mistake. I would really like to be in your discord server. Your oncology mod was the last nudge for me to start developing mods on my own and I actually started with analysing your mod to create my own. I have added you on steam, and again thanks a lot for the help. I think I might need you a couple more times Smile
James
James
fellow

Sun May 03, 2020 9:42 am
Yea, I did notice that after I fixed it it did work. Well, thanks Sleepy for the help!
Knabbel
Knabbel
intern

Sun May 03, 2020 11:48 am
Thanks nonetheless James, for helping me!
user947
fellow

Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:34 am
Looking forward to this mod.
Do you have a release date?
Knabbel
Knabbel
intern

Gastroenterology & Urology Mod Empty Gastroenterology & Urology Mod

Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:33 am
Hi user947,

Nice to see you're interested inplaying these mods. I'm going to try to put out Urology out this weekend, like sunday afternoon. However I have it pretty busy currently so, it may as well be delayed till sunday next week. Gastroenterology will come out after that, but I don't really know when, because my main focus has been on Urology till now. Smile
user947
fellow

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:12 pm
Ok, no problem, take your time. I appreciate you efforts to make this great game even better.
It'll be out for non-Steam users too?
Knabbel
Knabbel
intern

Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:02 pm
Yes, I want it to be accessible to everyone that might be interested. If you have any preferences about the platform you would like it to be released on, let me know!
user947
fellow

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:44 pm
I bought it on GOG
Knabbel
Knabbel
intern

Gastroenterology & Urology Mod Empty Urology Mod is out

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:34 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Urology & Nephrology Department
This mod adds a department of Urology and Nephrology. Urology also known as genitourinary surgery, is the branch of medicine that focuses on surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary-tract system and the male reproductive organs. Organs under the domain of urology include the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs.

The mod contains new rooms and staff types together with new diagnoses with custom symptoms and treatments related to Urology. It currently adds 8 new diseases (14 new diagnoses) and 1 custom decal.

Community Resource Pack
CRP is needed for this mod to work. Urology is planned to also be converted into the CRP in the future.

Compatibility
The mod is compatible with any other mod.

Roadmap
- more diagnoses
- custom Icon for Dialysis ward
- more custom icons for symptoms and treatments
- converting in CRP

- Gastroenterology (another project of mine)

Non-Steam Download links:
Google Drive download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yovd2cMJgH3WMB7CJv8oIianCVdQzIzV/view?usp=sharing

Thanks
Big thanks to the modders James (ENT), Sleepy (Oncology) and Marc Hareng (gynaecology). Without them this mod wouldn't have been completed.

James and fhevia like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum