Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ibuddy66
intern

Psychiatric Wards Empty Psychiatric Wards

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:29 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Psychiatric Wards and rooms.  Ability to create counseling facilities in addition to higher security tightly controlled access for psychiatric wards.
Theo Grant
intern

Psychiatric Wards Empty Re: Psychiatric Wards

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:53 pm
I believe the devs said they are looking to maybe include this as a DLC or update after release, mostly because of time and the sensitivity they believe people will have towards it I think.
Dysp

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:54 pm
Adding psychiatry is definetly an extremely interesting field, however it could also be the potentially most sensitive area of medicine to portray. Psychiatric reality is far from what you see on TV shows and the way the public generally perceive it. A lot of people have mental issues, but the vast majority will never need to go to a psychiatric ward. If a hospital game like Project Hospital were to include psychiatric diagnoses, one must remember that only the worst cases end up in a hospital (usually). We can all relate on some level to depression and anxiety, but I am pretty sure full blown paranoid schizophrenia and/or psychosis will be a tough topic to deal with. If they see pink elephants the hallucinations are all fun and dandy (maybe not to the patient), but start talking about extreme paranoia and tactile hallucination... That's not game material (unless it is a horror game).
Paramedic14
Paramedic14
resident

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:30 am
Dysp wrote:Adding psychiatry is definetly an extremely interesting field, however it could also be the potentially most sensitive area of medicine to portray. Psychiatric reality is far from what you see on TV shows and the way the public generally perceive it. A lot of people have mental issues, but the vast majority will never need to go to a psychiatric ward. If a hospital game like Project Hospital were to include psychiatric diagnoses, one must remember that only the worst cases end up in a hospital (usually). We can all relate on some level to depression and anxiety, but I am pretty sure full blown paranoid schizophrenia and/or psychosis will be a tough topic to deal with. If they see pink elephants the hallucinations are all fun and dandy (maybe not to the patient), but start talking about extreme paranoia and tactile hallucination... That's not game material (unless it is a horror game).

i totally agree with the fact that most of the people maybe idealize what is like to work in a psychiatry ward, ive been working in a tough psychiatry unit for about ten months when i was a nurse student and, at least for me, was the worst experience ever, there is alot of violence, self arm, suicides, and beside the fact that you sedate almost all your patients and they end up like zombies 24/24, the medical staff suffer alot too from depression to ptsd ect.

I think it could be a nice idea to add a psychiatric ward but mostly for ambulatory work, like psychiatric consultation, because if you want to make the game real and add a real psychiatric ward with long stay patient it could be tricky to stay realistic within the realy bad side of such a department, the reality of those places is realy waayyyy darker than most common people can imagine.

And like said in the post that ive mentionned, the worst case end up in the ER, suicidal or psychotic decompensation for the most, in my city, our hospital got a Psychiatric unit inside the ER, EPU ( Emergency Psychiatric Unit ) but the patients just get stabilized and/Or sedated so they can be transfered by ambulance to a psychiatric hospital, their stay in the Er is only a few hours. So maybe it can be an idea to add a small psychiatric unit in the ER. But imo it will be tricky anyway
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum