Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
eng_chris
medic

Walk around - Point of View  Empty Walk around - Point of View

Thu May 31, 2018 6:39 pm
Good afternoon,

I have to admit that I anticipate a lot the release of this game. Many people refereed to old time classic Theme Hospital with nostalgia and hence, I believe that Project Hospital can bring up many good memories to the fellows of the same generation as mine who spent days on this.

I was thinking yesterday that it would be really awesome if you could add one more extra feature:

The ability of free walking within the hospital in a way that the player can be able to have a PoV prospective of the objects, rooms, personnel, etc.
There is no need to be able to interact with anything (apart from doors and selecting what can originally be selected) , just to be able to have a look of the detail and walk around freely. That, was missing from Theme Hospital, and hence could add some great value.

Alternatively, user could select any member of the staff that could interact with (ie, doctors, nurses) and have a PoV from their eyes. Therefore, if they continuously change their direction that could cause some disturbance. What if users could actually control the selected member of the staff and walk around just for fun? That can help for designing the rooms as well.

I don't see it as a problem if the detail is not awesome in a very close look like in other games, as Project Hospital probably is designed to have a very nice detail from a distance.
Therefore, it's all about the feeling of walking around.. In a similar manner with Open Heart (1997).
EdRyan
EdRyan
resident

Walk around - Point of View  Empty Re: Walk around - Point of View

Thu May 31, 2018 7:01 pm
Since the objects in the game are no 3D-Models but 2D-Graphics (.png) this feature isn't possible, or just possible with turning or flat on the wall objects (which both would look pretty odd I think).
I assume creating this feature would require enormous effort (adding more graphics for more directions for each object, setting up a new camera mode and so on).
I'm fine with a cardinal direction camera. Having a pov-sight would only cost processing power and wouldn't add much more fun to the game in my opinion.
Dysp

Thu May 31, 2018 7:02 pm
This is, unfortunately, impossible due to the way the graphics are rendered in the engine Smile
TheSteffChris
TheSteffChris
intern

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:58 am
But being fasten to a patient or doctor would be nice. A patient is coming in and you just want to treat this one yourself and don't want to lose him...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum