Share
Go down
avatar
attending
Posts : 33
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-03-26
Location : Glasgow
View user profile

Visitors and missing items - Will theft be a possibility?

on Tue May 29, 2018 12:09 pm
After a recent incident at work in which a visitor had entered a staff only area and was going through drawers in a reception desk only to be stopped by hospital security, will this level of detail be implemented eventually or would many argue it's too in-depth for what is after-all primarily a medical game?
attending
Posts : 43
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2018-03-29
Age : 30
Location : Denmark
View user profile

Re: Visitors and missing items - Will theft be a possibility?

on Tue May 29, 2018 4:18 pm
Is it a medical game or a prison game? Very Happy
Is theft a big problem for hospitals?
avatar
attending
Posts : 33
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-03-26
Location : Glasgow
View user profile

Re: Visitors and missing items - Will theft be a possibility?

on Tue May 29, 2018 4:28 pm
Dysp wrote:Is it a medical game or a prison game? Very Happy
Is theft a big problem for hospitals?

A MASSIVE one. Today alone where I work, an information screen in a waiting area was pinched, bags have been stolen and drug dealing went on at the main entrance. We lose many tens of thousands of pounds worth of things every year, from belongings to specialist equipment, drugs of course too. Security staff in fact are part of our hospital facilities team now.
attending
Posts : 43
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2018-03-29
Age : 30
Location : Denmark
View user profile

Re: Visitors and missing items - Will theft be a possibility?

on Tue May 29, 2018 4:31 pm
It surely can be a big problem. Is it fun to deal with? Why should it be added to game? I am not being for nor against, I simply ask questions to examine your idea and see if it holds.
avatar
attending
Posts : 33
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-03-26
Location : Glasgow
View user profile

Re: Visitors and missing items - Will theft be a possibility?

on Tue May 29, 2018 4:36 pm
That's a fair point actually, while I do see value in the idea from a realism point of view I am not convinced myself that the effort taken to implement it would be worth the trivial realism it would add.
attending
Posts : 43
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2018-03-29
Age : 30
Location : Denmark
View user profile

Re: Visitors and missing items - Will theft be a possibility?

on Tue May 29, 2018 4:37 pm
QEUH wrote:That's a fair point actually, while I do see value in the idea from a realism point of view I am not convinced myself that the effort taken to implement it would be worth the trivial realism it would add.

I also agree with this conclusion. Even though security and theft could be added, it doesn't seem to add much to the core game. It would take away resources (time) from developing core gameplay.
avatar
resident
Posts : 15
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2018-05-20
Location : Bavaria / Germany
View user profile

Re: Visitors and missing items - Will theft be a possibility?

on Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 pm
QEUH wrote:After a recent incident at work in which a visitor had entered a staff only area and was going through drawers in a reception desk only to be stopped by hospital security, will this level of detail be implemented eventually or would many argue it's too in-depth for what is after-all primarily a medical game?

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Dysp. For the core game that would go beyond the scope. I'll say it this way: For the 2nd or 3rd DLC you could talk about it. But only then.
After all, the wish list is long enough.

What I think is worth considering is the idea of visitors themselves! At this point I would give you the tip to put it here in the forum on the wish list.
There is already an own topic for it. Wink
Sponsored content

Re: Visitors and missing items - Will theft be a possibility?

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum