Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TomasJAnderson
TomasJAnderson
fellow

Moving rooms/selections Empty Moving rooms/selections

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:57 am
Seeing as the hospital/clinic is ever growing, it is often required to rebuild sections of the hospital or at least move certain rooms about to make place for a new corridor.
The only way around it at the moment would be to make a prefab, demolish everything and then go pick up the prefab again. Which a lot of players don't seem to know and end up destroying the section and rebuilding it manually.

A faster and clearer way for the player would be a move button to click on making it a one click process and dummy-proof.
While I understand this is only a Quality of Life improvement and might be low on the list of priorities I think it might still be good to see even if after release.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Moving rooms/selections Empty Re: Moving rooms/selections

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 am
TomasJAnderson wrote:Seeing as the hospital/clinic is ever growing, it is often required to rebuild sections of the hospital or at least move certain rooms about to make place for a new corridor.
The only way around it at the moment would be to make a prefab, demolish everything and then go pick up the prefab again. Which a lot of players don't seem to know and end up destroying the section and rebuilding it manually.

A faster and clearer way for the player would be a move button to click on making it a one click process and dummy-proof.
While I understand this is only a Quality of Life improvement and might be low on the list of priorities I think it might still be good to see even if after release.
Hi, thank you for the suggestion. I will add this one to our wishlist, so it will not be forgotten:) And yes this will be an awesome and easy way how to remodel parts of the hospital, but as a feature it is not that easy to implement, so we will take a look at it after release.
TomasJAnderson
TomasJAnderson
fellow

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:55 am
ondrej.oxymoron wrote:Hi, thank you for the suggestion. I will add this one to our wishlist, so it will not be forgotten:) And yes this will be an awesome and easy way how to remodel parts of the hospital, but as a feature it is not that easy to implement, so we will take a look at it after release.

Hello ondrej,

To facilitate the working of this function what could perhaps be done is a "move selection" rather than room. Just store the selected area in an XML like a prefab, bulldoze and remove the room type once it's done. Then automatically reuse that 'temp'-prefab.

Most of the features needed are already there so it should turn out to be a lot simpler to implement.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum