Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fireboy6112
resident

[RESOLVED] Cleaning staff cleaning clean areas before extremely dirty areas.  Empty [RESOLVED] Cleaning staff cleaning clean areas before extremely dirty areas.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:26 pm
Happens with all hospitals I have ever tried. I don't have access to saved game files but I can provide the output log.
Trauma
intern

[RESOLVED] Cleaning staff cleaning clean areas before extremely dirty areas.  Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Cleaning staff cleaning clean areas before extremely dirty areas.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 am
The dirty area is not zoned or is zoned to a different department. Janitors will clean their assigned department before any other.
santial28
intern

[RESOLVED] Cleaning staff cleaning clean areas before extremely dirty areas.  Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Cleaning staff cleaning clean areas before extremely dirty areas.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:35 am
As Trauma said, if the area is not zoned, the janitors will not clean anything. Also, it happens that the janitors don't clean if the area is too big. Try to place smaller corridors or so, and the staff will do the work.
Soylent
resident

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:00 pm
I think the issue lies elsewhere. The priority for cleaning just isn't right. They have their little queue for what tile to clean and it doesn't seem to be affected by how dirty a given tile is. I'll often find blood splattered across the floor and that should be 1st priority to clean, but it isn't, the blood will be cleaned when its time in queue will come, which sometimes seems to be hours.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:38 am
Soylent wrote:I think the issue lies elsewhere. The priority for cleaning just isn't right. They have their little queue for what tile to clean and it doesn't seem to be affected by how dirty a given tile is. I'll often find blood splattered across the floor and that should be 1st priority to clean, but it isn't, the blood will be cleaned when its time in queue will come, which sometimes seems to be hours.

Hi, if this happens in areas marked as rooms, could you please attach a save so we can double-check? Seems to work as expected on our side, let me just recap the janitor's priorities:
- Blood in rooms of janitor's department
- Dirt in rooms of janitor's department
- Unmarked areas (regardless whether it's blood/dirt)
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:59 pm
Hi, we found and fixed one specific case, which was one tile wide rooms - hopefully this was the same problem!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum