Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Inge Jones
fellow

[QUESTION] No way to make staff see to needs Empty [QUESTION] No way to make staff see to needs

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:27 pm
I have a very highly qualified GP, misdiagnosing several patients because his bladder is bursting and he is starving.  There are 4 GPs and only 2 patients waiting, and it's staff lunchtime, but he chose to see patients instead of taking his lunch break, and misdiagnosed them because he was not at his best.   It is not right to penalise the player for doctors making mistakes if you have not allowed the player any way to instruct the doctor to take a break other than closing the entire department.
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] No way to make staff see to needs Empty Re: [QUESTION] No way to make staff see to needs

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:26 pm
hello - thank you for your report - could you please upload screenshot or saved game file (better to analyze) - for further analysis, if there is something wrong?
Inge Jones
fellow

[QUESTION] No way to make staff see to needs Empty Re: [QUESTION] No way to make staff see to needs

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:46 pm
The day finished, I don't have it saved at that point. This is a general rule, the doctors in emergency clinic don't like to leave their office while there are patients waiting to be seen. All players say the same. That makes them diligent doctors of course, but a good doctor will know when he is doing more harm than good by not seeing to his own needs. I believe this is probably working as designed, but it either needs better balance or a player needs a way to send doctor on break. I think the reason this was happening to him more than the other doctors, is he was the office nearer the entrance, and as other players have already described, all the AI in the game likes to use the nearest of anything, not the one that has the shortest queue, or the least distance to navigate
1313e
resident

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:28 am
I can attest to this.
GPs will never leave their office as long as there are patients in the waiting room.
In fact, no staff member at all will take a break as long as there are tasks assigned to them, regardless of what their role is (except for janitors).
I actually forgot to report this bug, since I fixed it by just adding more GPs and other departments, which lowered the pressure on the Emergency clinic.
1313e
resident

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:27 am
Is this ever going to be fixed?
It was flagged about 8 months ago, and even v1.1 has been released, and this simple thing still has not been fixed.
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:39 pm
Hello everybody, well, this is not a bug, this is (a feature) how the mechanics works. If you are a doctor, patients are your first priority, satisfying your needs comes after them. Maybe it seems a little bit exaggerated.

How to prevent this to happen? make sure that you have enough docs at emergency, if not possible due to requiered space (small hospital) reduce the number of incoming patients via insurance companies.

If we would place doctors needs in front of the patients, there will be huge complaining about docs wandering through hospital to lunch, rest room, etc., while having waiting room full of patients.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum